Project: BOOST – Businesses and Organisations in Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan
Project duration: 36 months (February 2020 to January 2023)
Duration of the assignment: 30 months
The objective of the BOOST Project is to strengthen Business Intermediary Organisations (BIOs) in their capacity to offer services specifically in the area of energy efficiency as well as quality and standards of products relevant for MSMEs growth and job creation in Uzbekistan and Kyrgyzstan. The specific objectives of this Project are to 1.) To enhance the business enabling environment. 2.) To increase the professional capacity of entrepreneurs and job seekers. Throughout the implementation of the Project the Project team will coordinate and conduct activities with BIOs in the area of managerial and technical capacity building, MSME service development and public-private dialogues. The Project will be implemented jointly with local and international BIOs (Partners).
The Technical Expert for Energy Efficiency will have the following responsibility for the implementation of the project:
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of training activities on energy efficiency for BIOs staff, external consultants and member companies in the Fergana Valley (Uzbekistan), and to a limited extend in Kyrgyzstan (Osh, Jalalabad, Batken)
- Responsible for the implementation of trainings of BIOs` staff and external consultants to become future Energy Auditors for the textile sector
- Coordination of energy auditors during the implementation of energy audits for companies in the above-mentioned sector and countries
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of coaching and mentoring on energy efficiency management for BIOs and member companies
- Design, planning and realization of training activities including Training of Trainer (ToT) approach
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of awareness raising activities on the benefits of resource efficiency to BIOs` member companies
- Responsible for the timely submission of outputs related to energy efficiency
- Elaboration of reports related to energy efficiency.
General qualification and skills:
- University degree in one of the fields of electric, mechanical or civil engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in a technical field
- Command of written and spoken English.
- Full computer literacy
- At least 5 years of working experience in energy efficiency or in absence of a university degree at least 8 years of working experience in energy efficiency Experience in conducting advisory services and trainings is an asset
- Experience in donor funded project is an asset.
Place of performance: Fergana, Kokand, and Andijon / Uzbekistan with limited travel to regions in Kyrgyzstan
Direct supervisor is the project Team Leader.